What We Do...

We look for Businesses with "soul", that are established and profitable.

Small and medium sized companies with revenues between £1m and £15m.

We do not want to run the business day to day so ideally there will be a small team within the business that can take care of day to day management.

We respect a businesses legacy, essence, it's brand and those who work in it. We want to build on the foundations which are already there, not to merge it or take it apart.

We can:

Acquire

There are times when business owners reach a point where they either want to leave the business entirely or they see the business needs investment and impetus that they alone cannot provide.

Either way, they want to pass the baton.

 

We can acquire the whole of a business or a majority stake to help the owner achieve the outcome they want and the business to move on to the next phase of its life and its growth.

Thus far, we have been building a family of Engineering & Manufacturing businesses called Allied Global Engineering. Thus far we have acquired 3 businesses under this parent company since May 2020 with the fourth close on the horizon.

  • EGL Vaughan - a £1 million turnover Precision CNC Machining Business based in Glossop (Peak District), completed in May 2020 where we acquired 100% of the business - pandemic n'all!

  • XL Engineering - a £4 million turnover Fabrication Business based in Sandbach (Cheshire), completed in May 2021, where we acquired 45% of the business with 2 other business partners sharing the other 55%.

  • the G&J Group - a £2 million turnover Fabrication Business based in Oldham (Greater Manchester), completed in May 2022, where a remaining Director kept 25% of the shares, meaning we acquired 75% of the business.

  • Watch this space for the fourth!..

As we open our 'Partnership Opportunity' door further (see below), we are excited to branch out into other industries as well as Engineering. Our team all have experience in multiple industries - from Legal & Professional Services to Tech Start-Ups,  from Direct to Consumer Online Businesses to Property. You can read more about our Team's experience here.

Partner

If you are a potential business acquirer or someone who might consider investing in the acquisition of a good quality SME business then we would be very interested to talk to you about working together and partnering on a deal. We are firm believers that two heads are better than one and sometimes a combination of different experience and skillsets is required to get the best outcome.

Invest

You may be a business owner that wants to keep control of your business but you want a degree of external input in know how or funding to help the business grow to the next level.

If so then speak to us. We are happy to consider investments on exciting businesses with potential for greater success in the future.

Whatever we do:

Funding

 

We are often asked how we fund our deals.

In every case, the nature and structure of the funding are different and depend on the circumstances of the seller, the company and the market. 

What we can say is that we have access to a huge range of funding options, including a multi-million dollar US-based private equity fund, wealthy individual investors, and an array of UK based funding options.

We will source and structure funding in accordance with our values, the needs of the vendor and the situation in front of us.

It is not about who you know it is about who knows you. Here is Philip Jepson rubbing shoulders and spending time with two billionaires and a multi multi millionaire (Yes that is Vanilla Ice). In early 2021 Phil will be spending two days with Fred and Erik, (the two billionaires in the photo) exchanging ideas and discussing businesses and investments.

 

Phil Jepson Fred Fishback Vanilla Ice Erik Schmid
 
Phil Jepson and Garry Kasparov

Strategy

We are guided by strategy but flexible enough to take advantage of opportunities that may appear.

We will evaluate the position, think several moves ahead, and then implement.

This the approach of Gary Kasparov, the world's greatest ever chess player, who Phil met and spoke to in Los Angeles in November 2019.